Advice for Black students going to PWIs (especially Freshmen).
- Make sure you be yourself and defend yourself when needed.
- Be aware of your surroundings, make sure you feel safe there, and if you don’t feel safe there transfer.
- Don’t dismiss your experiences of microagressions and racism in order to get along with everyone
- If you feel like you should fight for change at your school do it.
- Live the experience of college and find your passions and interests.
- Find your core of friends who will help you through the microagressions you may face.
Leave a Reply